Support storytelling in San Diego by joining Storytellers of San Diego.
Membership is open to all storytellers and storytelling enthusiasts, who support the goals of the organization. Link to goals
Benefits of Membership:
• Discounted admission at Storytellers of San Diego sponsored events
• Free listing on SSD website for storytellers
• Eligible for consideration as featured teller at SSD sponsored events
• May use SSD email list (currently 600 recipients) for storytelling promotion
(approved messages only)
• Access to SSD organizational discount when joining National Storytelling
Network and attending NSN conference
• Membership is not required to attend SSD meetings or vote at the annual meeting
$20 annually, payable in January
Join: by mail: Send a check for $20 to Charles Johnson, 730 McLain St., Escondido, CA 92027 Include email address. You will receive a confirmation email from the SSD Treasurer. Retain email as proof of membership for admission discounts.
By PayPal: (with credit card, you do not need to be a member of PayPay) Use link
Reserve the date: 4th Annual all-day, free San Diego Storytelling Festival, April 26th, 2014 at the Encinitas Public LibraryDonations are needed to stage the free festival for children and adults. Please consider a donation via PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to donate. SSD is a 501(C)(3) charitable organization, and your donation is tax deductible
2014 Sponsors: THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
Chinaberry, Coral Tree Farms, Costco, Friends of the Encinitas Library, Kiwanis Club of LaJolla, San Diego Guild of Puppetry, Sea Salt Candy Company, SOCAL Queen, Sprouts Farmers Market, Trader Joe's, United States Åutomobile Association
Jessica Baris outstanding interview in UT San Diego, March 22, 2014
Link to article
3rd Annual San Diego Storytelling Festival a Rousing Success.Link to slide show of photos by Michael Fish (Download .zip file)
Link to photo collage #1 by Michael Fish
Link to photo collage #2 by Michael Fish
Many thanks to the Encinitas Community Library, the City of Encinitas, the Storytellers of San Diego, Festival sponsors and the hundreds of story enthusiasts who made the 3rd Annual San Diego Storytelling Festival a huge success. See you next year!
A premier California Storytelling Festival
Link to SSD Wiki for minutes of Board meetings and organizational documents. Instructions on joining Wiki are on the splash page.
Latest webcasts and video links of Storytellers of San Diego
Click button to join the SSD email list to receive latest updates of storytelling events and classes
The Storytellers of San Diego is a non-profit corporation of storytellers and storytelling enthusiasts dedicated to promoting storytelling as an art form in the San Diego area.
- To increase awareness of and appreciation for storytelling as an art form in a variety of settings: entertainment venues, educational institutions, heath care facilities, community organizations, non-profit organizations and for profit businesses.
- To provide opportunities for participation in storytelling for all children and adults, from beginners to professionals, through classes, workshops, storyswaps, concerts and storytelling festivals.
- To encourage the use of
storytelling to bring together diverse
populations in the community and promote cross-cultural understanding.
- To serve as a source of
information on the art of storytelling
and storytelling events in the San Diego area.